Looking for an air purifier that will keep your home fresh, yet prevent toxins from building up? Our article reviews the best air purifiers for everyday use and for different types of pollutants- the best air dehumidifiers that help keep your home
Our top picks Best Air Dehumidifiers For Keeping Your Home Dry Sale:
The Best Air Dehumidifiers For Keeping Your Home Dry Reviews
Looking for the Best Air Dehumidifiers For Keeping Your Home Dry? We are here to help! In this article, we review the Best Air Dehumidifiers on the market and give recommendations for different budgets.
How To Pick The Best Air Dehumidifiers For Keeping Your Home Dry?
If you want your home to stay dry then you need the right air dehumidification system. You need to know how long it takes for the water vapor in the air to become water again and how much energy is needed for this process. An air dehumidifier will remove about 90% of a moist environment’s moisture content in 24 hours. It can do this by using an evaporator coil, which absorbs moisture from the surrounding atmosphere and transfers it into cold, humid water that is discharged when necessary.
Tenergy Sorbi 1000ml Air Dehumidifier w/Air Purifying Function, True HEPA Filter, Auto Shutoff, Touch Control Adjustable Air Speed, Ultra-Quiet, Ideal for Closets and Bathrooms
- Reduce excess moisture and make your living space more comfortable with a home dehumidifier.
- Dehumidifier and air cleaner – Tenergy’s portable dehumidifier uses Peltier technology and HEPA filtration to make your air more comfortable. The Sorbi has a removable 1 liter water tank and can remove 750ml/day, in environments with 80% humidity and 86º Fahrenheit.
- Weighing 7lbs, this convenient and energy efficient dehumidifier has an LED indicator, auto-shut off, and water level sensor. The simple plug and play design enables you easily keep the air dry, clean, and cozy
- True HEPA filtration – The true HEPA filter means this dehumidifier can also capture more particulates than a standard HEPA filter - an astounding 99.97%.
- Ultra-quiet operation – The Sorbi silent dehumidifier works at very low noise levels (35-42db) and is ideal for spaces up to 200 sqft: like small offices, basements, bathrooms, or closets. Tenergy's dehumidifier is ETL and CARB certified. Get 2 year extended warranty by registering your unit with Tenergy Life.
Midea 1,500 Sq. Ft. Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier with Reusable Air Filter 22 Pint 2019 DOE (Previously 30 Pint) - Ideal for Basements, Large & Medium Sized Rooms, and Bathrooms (White)
- 1,500 SQ. FT. DEHUMIDIFIER – This Midea dehumidifier is able to remove 22 pints (30 pint 2012 DOE standard) of moisture a day and adjust humidity from 35% to 85%. Perfect for use in basement, bathroom, bedroom, office, kitchen, cellar, or crawlspace. Maintaining a healthy 45%-55% humidity range has never been easier!
- QUIET & ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED – With a low dBA output, this dehumidifier is quieter than a household refrigerator. Meanwhile, with Energy Star certification, the unit features a continuous dehumidification mode designed to keep your home at the proper humidity level 24/7 while saving you money!
- INNOVATIVE FEATURES & WARRANTY - Features include auto restart function limiting disruption due to power outages, "Turbo" mode to increase the fan speed for maximum moisture removal, auto defrost function to prevent collected water from being frozen, and an option to run a continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full. Warranty: 1 Year Parts & Labor Warranty
- MODERN DESIGN – This dehumidifier has a clean, sleek look in order to fit the style of any home, apartment, or business. It even comes with 360° rotatable wheels, digital control panel, built-in timer to program a schedule, and handles to easily move the dehumidifier anywhere you please with ease.
- EASY MAINTENANCE – Easily empty the included tank (0.8 gallons) when it’s full, or simply connect a standard hose (not included) to the built in socket for gravity fed continuous draining. When using the manual drainage the dehumidifier will shut off automatically when the bucket is full and switch on again after the bucket emptied. Meanwhile, a washable filter preserves air quality without expensive replacement parts.
SEAVON 35oz Dehumidifiers for Home, 2500 Cubic Feet (260 sq ft), Quiet Dehumidifier with Two Modes and 7 Color LED Lights, Portable Small Dehumidifiers for Bedroom Bathroom Basements Closet RV
$49.98 in stock
1 used from $33.77
- ➤【HIGH EFFICIENT DEHUMIDIFICATION】SEAVON portable dehumidifier with 35oz(1000ml) capacity tank extracts up to 16oz(450ml) of water daily in a humid environment of 86°F and 80% RH. The dehumidifier is suitable for the bathroom. Keep moisture below 45%, powerful efficiency for removing the moisture in the air.
- ➤【COLORFUL NIGHT LIGHTS & AUTO SHUT OFF】Our electric dehumidifier has 7 changing lights (which could be set steady on), this bedroom dehumidifier creates a sweet and romantic sleeping atmosphere for you. Auto Shut Off function to prevent the water from overflowing. It is also very safe and convenient to use when you are not at home.
- ➤【TWO WORKING MODES & ULTRA QUIET】The dehumidifier designed with high speed and low speed that meet all kinds of dehumidification requirements of different people. You can freely switch between 2 modes. The low-speed mode is super quiet, with a considerate 30dB whisper-quiet operation and sleep mode, suitable for bedrooms and offices.
- ➤【SPACE SAVING & PORTABLE】This small dehumidifier has a cylindrical design and small size(6.3x6.3x10 inches). Perfect for control humidity in your home, such as kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, basement, garage, closet. Note: The optimal operating temperature of the dehumidifier is 59-104℉. It will not work below 41℉.
- ➤【CREATE HEALTHY & COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT】According to research, if the moisture in the air above 50% can breed uncomfortable or other health problems. Dehumidifier will start work when the humidity more than 45%, it collects moisture and releases fresh air, providing you a healthy and comfortable environment.
hOmeLabs 1,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier for Medium to Large Rooms and Basements
$179.97 in stock
- 1,500 sq ft Dehumidifier: Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 pint 2012 DOE standard) of moisture from the air per day. This Energy Star certified model is fit for medium to large rooms, to quickly and effectively absorb moisture without racking up your energy bill.
- Designed For The Modern Home: That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that won’t drown out your current binge-watching obsession.
- Super Easy To Use: Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours isn’t. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. There’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining. The hose is not included; we recommend a ⅝” diameter garden hose with an internal threaded end, and optionally Teflon tape for extra security.
- Eliminates Moisture Effectively: Our portable dehumidifier reduces moisture through its built-in pump compressor. It also features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed from Normal Air CFM 118 (cubic feet per minute) to High Air CFM 135 for maximum moisture removal.
- Important Things To Know: Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they absorb the moisture). This product won’t work in the same room as an evaporative cooler, and is intended for any indoor space up to 1,500 square feet. It measures 15.2 x 10 x 19.7 inches, has a 0.8 gallon water tank capacity, and removes up to 22 pints of moisture from the air per day.
Waykar 2000 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier for Home and Basements, with Auto or Manual Drainage, 0.66 Gallon Water Tank Capacity
$179.99 in stock
- Dehumidifier for Space Up to 2000 Sq. Ft: Our dehumidifiers are able to remove up to 34 pints (under 95°F,90%RH condition) of moisture per day. (Please note: under 95°F,90%RH condition,the max dehumidification capacity up to 34 pints) in areas up to 2000 Sq. Ft and adjust humidity from 30% to 85%.It is a dehumidifier ideal for any basements, office, home, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, stockroom, living room, laundry room, cellars, crawlspace, etc..
- Unique Design for The Modern Home: The Waykar dehumidifiers designed with modern look. With 360° rotatable wheels and ergonomically lift up handles, you can move around this dehumidifier easily. A quiet fan that won't disturb you when you sleep or at work, adjustable fan speeds for multiple choices. 24-hour Timer Setting for preset operation and reduced energy consumption
- Intelligent Control: After you set your desired humidity, the dehumidifier will run intelligently. Humidity Auto Control-Simply adjust to your desire humidity, it will work smartly, when it reached its designated humidity, it will automatically stop working and then automatically restart to dehumidify when the humidity above target is sensed. Automatic Shut Off/On-Shuts off automatically when the bucket is full and switch it on again after the bucket emptied. Power Outage Automatic Restart
- Easy To Use: Auto Drain - The unit comes with a 6.56 feet drain hose that you can attached to the drain pipe hole to continually drain water that is dehumidified. Manual Drain - The water tank is 0.66 gallon/2.5 L,when it reaches maximum capacity, the "Full Tank "indicator will light up, the dehumidifier will automatically switch off until the tank has been emptied. Meanwhile, a reusable and washable filter preserves fresh and clean air quality
- Support: All of Waykar Dehumidifiers are covered with 30-Days Money Back if you are not satisfied with the product, 1 year warranty, 2nd year warranty extension and lifetime expert tech support. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is any question, we will reply to you within 24 hours and help you solve the problems. Waykar customer support team is always just one-email away
Frigidaire Dehumidifier, Moderate Humidity 35 Pint Capacity, in White
2 used from $182.62
- Easy-to-Clean Washable Filter: Capture dust from the air and keep your dehumidifier working efficiently with our easy-to-clean washable filter
- Custom Humidity Control: Maximize your comfort with customized control over the amount of humidity in your room
- Continuous Drain Option: Skip emptying the water bucket -- this unit continuously drains your dehumidifier so that you don’t have to lift a finger
- Automatic Shut Off: Unit shuts off automatically when the water bucket is full
- Front Loading Bucket with Carrying Handle and Splash Guard: A water bucket is conveniently located in the front of the unit for easy access, while the carry handle and splash guard make emptying your bucket hassle-free
Honeywell Smart WiFi Portable Air Conditioner & Dehumidifier with Alexa Voice Control, Cools Rooms Up to 450 Sq. Ft, Includes Drain Pan & Insulation Tape, HF0CESVWK6
$529.99 in stock
1 used from $399.99
- [SAVE ENERGY, SAVE MONEY] Perfect for targeted spot cooling in rooms up to 450sq. ft., save huge electricity bills cooling only the room you need versus whole-house central AC.
- [CONTROL FROM ANWHERE] Smart WiFi control means you can control the dehumidifier remotely whether you are working at the office, out on vacation or simply 2 levels away from your basement! Use voice commands to power on, change temperature and fan speed settings without moving away from your busy routine.
- [ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES] Thermal overload protection for added safety & peace of mind. Dual Dust Filtration extends product life and performance by keeping internal system clean. ETL certified to meet applicable & strict U. S. safety standards. ISTA-6 certified packaging for advanced product protection during delivery. One Year Wty with Local U. S. Support Team ready to help.
- [EASY MAINTENANCE] Filter Clean Alert & Washable Filter designed to protect from dust & hair to extend product life & performance. Filter cleans easily under a faucet for easy maintenance. Fully Packed Window Kit with adjustable window bracket, insulation foam tape, bonus Drain Pan and Drain Tube included!
- [DESIGNED FOR COMFORT] Enjoy simple digital control with 3 fan speeds, 24 hour energy saving timer & remote control included Wi-Fi enabled and compatible with Amazon Alexa voice commands, this Smart Portable AC can be controlled from almost anywhere.
Waykar 4500 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier for Home Basements Bedroom Garage, Removes 9 Gallons Moisture/Day, with Continuous Drain Hose, 1.18 Gallons Water Tank and Four Air Outlets
$278.52 in stock
- DEHUMIDIFIER FOR SPACES UP TO 4500 SQ FT- Our dehumidifier are able to remove up to 70 pints (under 95°F,85%RH condition) of moisture per day. (Please note: under 95°F,85%RH condition, the max dehumidification capacity up to 70 pints)in areas up to 4,500 Sq. Ft and adjust humidity from 30% to 85%. It is a dehumidifier ideal for any basements, office, home, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, stockroom, living room, laundry room, cellars, crawlspace, large spaces/room, etc..
- UNIQUE DESIGN FOR MODERN HOMES - The Waykar dehumidifier is designed with a sleek and modern look. With castors and an ergonomic recessed handle, you can move around this portable dehumidifier easily. A quiet fan won't disturb you when you sleep or work, and it has two speeds for you to adjust. Compared with other dehumidifiers with only one outlet, this one features 4 air outlets in four directions to improve the efficiency.
- INTELLIGENT TOUCH CONTROL- There is an intelligent screen touch control panel display on the dehumidifier, you can operate it easily. Humidity Auto Control: Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, it will smartly sense room humidity and control dehumidification to maintain pre-set humidity levels. 24-hour Timer: For preset operation and reduced energy consumption. Automatic Shut Off/On: Shuts off automatically when the bucket is full, and switch it on again after the bucket been emptied.
- DESIGNED WITH SAFETY IN MIND- Waykar dehumidifiers with functions of Safety Standby Mode that prevents overheating. Overflow Protection and Alarming Functions available if the water tank is full for extra security. Internal Components that are made of thermally resistant materials. Child-lock Setting and Sleep Mode function, you can press the "LOCK" button for 2 seconds to locked the dehumidifier, if there are children at home, parents will feel less worries that they will mess up the appliance.
- SUPPORT- All of Waykar Dehumidifiers are covered with 30-Days Money Back if you are not satisfied with the product, 1 year warranty, 2nd year warranty extension and lifetime expert tech support. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is any question, we will reply to you within 12 hours and help you solve the problems. Waykar customer support team is always just an-email away.
Kesnos 232 Pint Commercial Dehumidifier for Basements with Drain Hose for Areas up to 8000 Sq. Ft, Large Industrial Dehumidifier for Moisture Removal
- Intelligent Control Dehumidifier - Auto Humidity Control: Simply set the ideal humidity level, it will smartly sense the room humidity and maintain your preset humidity. 24hr Timer: Allow you to preset the time to turn on or off the machine. Auto Shut-Off/ Restart: Shuts off automatically when the water bucket is full, and restarts after the bucket has been emptied. Power Outage Restart - The machine will restart when power resumes.
- Continuous Operation - Featuring multiple function like automatic humidity control, power outage restart, auto defrost and continuous drainage, this dehumidifier allows for low-hassle humidity control that doesn't require your constant attention. It is perfect for humidity control in commercial, industrial and residential areas.
- Powerful Moisture Removal - This industrial basements dehumidifier removes up to 232 pints moisture per a day (under 95°F, 90%RH condition) for medium-to-large rooms up to 8,000 Sq. Ft. It adjusts the humidity from 10%RH-98%RH - perfect for living rooms, laundry rooms, cellars, crawlspaces, warehouses, grow rooms, basements, garages, cellars, workshops, libraries, labs, small factories, and so on.
- Portable Design for Large Space - Thanks to four wheels and two ergonomically recessed handles, you can move this portable dehumidifier from one place to another with ease.
- Kesnos After Sales Service - The Kesnos 232 pints (under 95°F, 90%RH condition) commercial dehumidifier PD900C-90L is covered with a 30-day money-back, 1-year warranty, 2nd-year extended warranty and lifetime expert support. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, and we will reply to you within 24 hours.
HOGARLABS 3500 Sq Ft 50 Pint Dehumidifier for Home Basements Bathroom Bedroom, Dehumidifier with Drain Hose for Medium to Large Room, Intelligent Humidity Control Dehumidifier with Laundry Dry
$199.99 in stock
- 3500 SQ FT DEHUMIDIFIER - Our dehumidifier can effectively removes up to 50 pint (under 95°F,90%RH condition) of moisture per day and adjust humidity from 30% to 80%, which makes it easy for you to maintain a healthy 45%-55% humidity range, fit for medium to large rooms in areas up to 3500 Sq Ft and perfect for use in basement, home, garage, bathroom, bedroom, office, kitchen, laundry room, storage room and RV.
- THREE MODE DEHUMIDIFIER - Three modes with one click to accurately meet your different needs. The DEHU mode keep the humidity level of your home in a healthy range or be used in wine cellars and storage rooms where there is a clear need for space humidity. The DRY mode can quickly dry wet clothes and cotton household items and protect clothes from moisture. The CONT mode is suitable for constantly damp spaces where continuous dehumidification is required.
- INGENUITY APPEARANCE DESIGN - We added a top handle that can drive the dehumidifier to move and embedded handrails on both sides to facilitate flat movement and up and down handling. Four 360°universal wheel is already one of the necessary accessories for every HOGARLABS dehumidifier. The front digital humidity display can easily be used as a hygrometer to detect the humidity in different time periods, which allows you to control the room humidity at any time.
- TWO EASY DRAINAGE WAYS - Manual Drain: The dehumidifier features a more intuitive front water tank design that allows you to see the water collected. When the large 0.6 gallon water tank is full, the dehumidifier will automatically stops running and lights up the full water indicator to remind you to empty it; Continuous Drain: Our dehumidifier comes with a 2m (6.6 feet) drain hose that you can easily connect to the outlet of the dehumidifier for continuous drain without emptying the water tank.
- THE HOGARLABS ASSURANCE - To guarantee customer experience, we extend customer's product trial experience to 45 days, Every HOGARLABS product is covered with Two-year warranty and lifetime technical support. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is any issue with your HOGARLABS product, HOGARLABS customer assurance team is here for you 24 hours every day!
What is an air dehumidifier?
An air dehumidifier is a device that removes humidity from the air. They are often used in homes, because they make rooms feel more comfortable and dry. However, they can be harmful to health if they do not function properly. For example, if an air dehumidifier is placed too close to a fan, it may overheat or start a fire. An air dehumidifier uses an evaporator coil and thermo-siphon unit to remove moisture from the air.
Types of air dehumidifiers
There are two types of air dehumidifiers: wet-type and dry-type. A wet-type air dehumidifier works by using water to take away the moisture in the room. It also uses an electrical appliance to create cold air to replace the hot/humid air. This type of unit is usually used in places that have high humidity like basements where mold is a risk. The other type of unit, a dry-type dehumidifier, does not require water. These units are typically used indoors because they will not damage anything or create moisture problems like the wet-type units can.
Pros and Cons of Air Dehumidifiers
Air dehumidifiers are a common appliance used to reduce moisture in the home. The appliance is necessary to prevent mold, mildew, and other forms of fungus from growing. However, there are both pros and cons to the use of air dehumidifiers. Air dehumidifiers can help prevent a variety of health problems like respiratory issues, chronic fatigue, and slow mental processing. However, air dehumidifiers can also be very expensive to purchase and maintain because they require power to function.
Tips on selecting the best air dehumidifier for your needs
When selecting an air dehumidifier, it is important to consider the humidity level in your home. If you have a high humidity level, a 70-pint capacity air dehumidifier may be too small. However, if your house has a low humidity level, a 700-pint capacity unit may not be able to handle the job. In general, 60-pint capacity units are appropriate for most homes.
Many people have air dehumidifiers in their homes to prevent damage to the items that are stored in those places. This is a good idea because moisture can cause the wood or metal furniture and walls to corrode. If one does not have this type of dehumidifier, it can be purchased for relatively inexpensively. The large barrel shaped unit will work to remove humidity and replace it with dry air.