Whether you’re looking for baby gates that will keep your kids safe and secure, or want to find the best to keep your dog in, we’ve got you covered. Come check out the reviews of our favorite products!
Our top picks Best Baby Gates For The Top Of Your Stairs Sale:
The Best Baby Gates For The Top Of Your Stairs Reviews
Looking for the Best Baby Gates For The Top Of Your Stairs? We are here to help! In this article, we review the Best Baby Gates on the market and give recommendations for different budgets.
How To Pick The Best Baby Gates For The Top Of Your Stairs?
There are many factors to consider when picking the perfect baby gate for your home. The first factor is what material the gate will be made with. There are different types of materials to choose from, including wood, wrought iron, aluminum, and even resin-based plastic. Another factor to keep in mind is size. Gates come in a variety of sizes that range from 36 inches wide to 48 inches wide. The last factor to consider is the placement of the gate in relation to your stairway.
Summer Metal Banister and Stair Safety Baby Gate, White Finish – 32.5” Tall, Fits Openings of 31” to 46” Wide, Extra-Wide Door Opens The Full Width of Your Stairway, Convenient Baby and Pet Gate
$68.40 in stock
- DESIGNED FOR STAIRWAYS AND BANISTERS – The Summer Metal Banister and Stair Safety Gate for baby is specifically designed for stairways and bannisters; The 32.5” tall baby gate fits openings up 31” to 46” wide
- EASY INSTALLATION: Easily install this baby gate on stairways and banisters with the unique mounting system; Securely fasten this gate banister-to-banister or banister-to-wall; No drilling required when installing to banister
- EXTRA-WIDE DOOR: The extra-wide door opens the full width of your stairway, making it easy to walk through; Plus, the no threshold design minimizes tripping, making this Metal Banister & Stair Safety Gate the perfect solution for your stairway
- SAFE AND SECURE: Have peace of mind knowing your baby or pet can explore safely with this high-quality baby gate from Summer; Plus, the support foot adds stability and the directional door stop adds extra safety over the stairs
- STYLISH BABY GATE: This decorative baby gate is made with a white metal finish, so you can child proof your home in style; Standing 32.5” tall, it is ideal for use with toddlers and pets
Safety Innovations No Hole Stairway Baby Gate Mounting Kit - Fits Posts from 2 3/4 inches to 3 5/8 inches Wide with Square or Round Tops - No Adhesives On Or Screws in Your Posts, (1-Pack)
- PLEASE MEASURE YOU POST BEFORE PURCHASE. WATCH OUR INSTALLATION VIDEO - LEARN ABOUT THE INSTALLATION - NO HOLES IN YOUR POSTS EVER - No Matter If Your Posts Are Square At The Top Or Round You Never Have To Put Screws Into Your Post
- SOLID CLAMPS WITH METAL BOLTS - No Inexpensive Plastic Straps Here - USED BY PROFESSIONAL CHILDPROOFERS EVERYWHERE
- WHAT SIZE POST Will IT FIT? - The Kit Fits Posts That Are At Least 2 3/4" Wide And No More Than 3 5/8" Inches Wide. Please Measure Your Post Before Ordering! - HOW MANY KITS WILL I NEED? - One Kit Is Required For Each Post You Are Attaching Your Gate To
- WHAT IS INCLUDED? - The Kit Includes 1- 36" Wood Strip, 2 Square Clams, 2 Wood Inserts For Clamps, 1 Set Round Adapters, 4 Bolts, 1 Set Of Interlocking Shims, 2 Finish Washers, 2 - 1 1/2" Screws, 2 - 1 3/4" Screws And Instructions. The Screws Listed Are For Attaching The Wood Rail To The Clamps. No Screws Go Into Your Post!
- HOW CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT INSTALLATION? - Full Instructions Are Included In Our Images
Summer Top of Stairs Simple to Secure Metal Baby Gate, White Metal Finish – 30” Tall, Fits Openings up to 29” to 42” Wide, Baby and Pet Gate for Doorways and Stairways
$58.47 in stock
- ACCOMODATES TOP OR BOTTOM OF STAIRS – The Summer Top of Stairs Simple to Secure Metal Gate for Baby can be used at the top or bottom of the stairs and between doorways. The 30” tall baby gate fits openings up 29” to 42” wide.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Easily install this baby gate on stairways and between doorways with the included precision fit template for accurate, fast and easy hardware installation, no measuring required! Tools are required for hardware mounting.
- ONE HAND RELEASE: This hardware mounted baby gate has a unique comfort grip handle for easy one-handed release.
- SAFE AND SECURE: Have peace of mind knowing your baby or pet can explore safely with this high-quality baby gate from Summer. Plus, the swing stop mechanism prevents the gate from swinging over the stairs.
- STYLISH BABY GATE: This decorative baby gate is made out of a sleek white metal finish, so you can child proof your home in style. Standing 30” tall, it is ideal for use with toddlers and small pets.
Walk-Thru Top Of Stairs Baby Gate (Farmhouse Collection)
- Wide Width: Fits openings 30" - 48" (76cm - 122cm). 32" (81cm) tall. Easily slides to expand
- Hardware Mount: Designed specifically for safety at top of stairs. Easily installs in minutes
- Unique One-Hand Latch: Is simple for adults to use, and helps prevent unsupervised child use
- No-Floor-Bar: Design eliminates concern of tripping
Safety 1st Vintage Wood Baby Gate with Pressure Mount Fastening (Gray)
$23.99 in stock
- Durable wood frame
- Non-marring bumpers protect woodwork and walls
- No drilling or tools necessary
- For use at bottom of stairs, hallways, and doorways
- The gate expands from 28 to 42 inches which allows you to quickly adjust for openings of different widths.
Summer Banister and Stair Gate With Dual Installation Kit
- ACCOMODATES MOST OPENINGS – The Summer Banister and Stair, Top of Stairs Baby Gate with dual installation kit can be used between doorways, and stairways. The 33" tall baby gate fits openings up 32" to 48" wide.
- EASY INSTALLATION: With the dual installation kit, this baby gate accommodates banister-to-banister installation, single banister installation at the top or bottom of stairs, as well as installation in doorways. No drilling required on square banisters.
- ULTIMATE CONVENIENCE: The quick release mechanism allows for easy removal and re-installation, so you can continue to easily use this baby gate whenever, or wherever, you need to.
- SAFE AND SECURE: Have peace of mind knowing your baby or pet can explore safely with this ultra-versatile Banister & Stair Baby Gate with Dual Installation Kit from Summer.
- STYLISH BABY GATE: This decorative baby gate is made out of wood with a honey oak finish, so you can child proof your home in style. Standing 33" tall, it is ideal for use with toddlers and small pets..The banister installation kit accommodates square banisters up to 3.5" wide.
Regalo Easy Step 38.5-Inch Extra Wide Walk Thru Baby Gate, Includes 6-Inch Extension Kit, 4 Pack Pressure Mount Kit, 4 Pack Wall Cups and Mounting Kit
- EXTRA WIDE: Expands to fit openings between 29-34 and 35-38.5 inches wide. Stands 30 inches tall. Please be sure measure your opening prior to purchase to ensure proper fit. Note: This gate will not fit an opening between 34-35 inch.
- EASY TO USE AND SET UP: Pressure mount design that is quick to set up. Please note, before installation there will be a gap between the gate latch and the frame which is not a defect and it is not bent. This gap will be eliminated once installed.
- ADJUSTABLE: Includes a 6-inch wide extension kit and 4 pressure mount spindle rods. Perfect for doorway, hallway and bottom of stair use. Gate can quickly be removed out of the opening for easy storage. Additional extensions sold separately.Wipes clean.Do not use abrasive cleaners or bleach
- DURABLE AND CONVENIENT: The all steel design is durable and convenient with a walk-through door. Certified to both JPMA and ASTM standards. NOTE:The gap between the gate and wall should not exceed more than 2.5 inches
- SAFETY: Includes multiple safety-lock features, four wall cups for added security and mounting hardware. Please note, gate frame is design to be assembled at all times. Perfect for children 6-24 months. Great for pets too.
Safety 1st Ready to Install Baby Gate (White)
- HARDWARE MOUNTED - Comes fully assembled for a hassle-free install to provide maximum security at top of stairs. Also can be used in doorways and other areas where you want extra security as a hardware mounted gate.
- TEMPLATE INSTALL - No measuring, marking or need to level. The gate comes out of the box in one piece to ensure your install will be easier than other hardware mounted gates.
- NO DRILL - No drill required for drywall installation. Gate includes special drywall screws, so no anchors needed.
- NO TRIPPING - The no threshold design means no trip hazard at the top of the stairs.
- ONE HAND OPEN - One-hand operation and a swing-open door make it easier to pass through, and the gate closes with just a push, letting you get on your way quickly.
Toddleroo by North States 47.85" Wide Easy Swing & Lock Baby Gate - Series 2: Extra Security Safety Latch. Hardware Mount. Fits Openings 28.68" - 47.85" Wide (31" Tall, Matte Bronze)
- KEEPING TODDLERS SAFE SINCE 1953: Worry-Free Safety! The Easy Swing & Lock Baby Gate is built from long lasting, kid-tough, heavy-duty metal with vertical bars that are difficult to climb, keeping your child safe and secure.
- SAFE & SECURE: Keep your loved ones safe with this hardware mounted gate that includes the extra security of the safety latch design. NOTE: This product must be installed as hardware mounted (requires drilling holes).
- STYLISH AND DEPENDABLE: The matte bronze finish and durable steel construction make this gate durable and easy to use. The simple and elegant design will complement any home decor.
- LOADED WITH CONVENIENT FEATURES: Equipped with one-hand operation. To open the gate, simply press the upper latch button with your thumb and lift the latch spindle out of the cup, then push or pull the gate open.
- ADJUSTABLE FOR A VARIETY OF SPACES: This gate is 31 inches tall and designed to fit room openings 28.68 inches to 47.85 inches wide. Bars are 2 3/4" apart. This gate is JPMA certified. Safe for babies ages 6-24 months.
Cumbor 29.5"-51.6" Baby Gate Extra Wide, Easy Walk Thru Dog Gate for The House, Auto Close Safety Pet Gates for Stairs, Doorways, Includes 2.75", 5.5" and 11" Extension Kit, Mounting Kit,White
$99.99 in stock
- 【No more baby gate escapes】 The Cumbor extra wide baby gate is 30.5 Inch tall and 29.5 Inch- 51.6 Inch wide. Once closed, it is hard for your kids to climb over it. Made of heavy-duty steel, it can withstand impacts and bites from large pets. Meanwhile, this dog gate can also prevent your kids and pets from squeezing through because the measurement between the bars is only 2.3 Inch.
- 【Safeguard your little monkey】 Are you still worried that your little monkey may get hurt while climbing up and down the stairs or entering the kitchen? Cumbor safety gate will be your children's safety guardian and liberate mom's hands by maintaining the baby in a safe place.
- 【Auto close & one-handed operation】 You can, of course, hold the baby in one hand and open the gate with the other hand, because we adopted a unique auto close design. Meanwhile, the opening of the gate is 23.6 Inch, wide enough to get through with laundry bag or groceries in your hand.
- 【Easy to Install & wall friendly】Pressure mount enables easy assembly and disassembly, is convenient and strong, and protects your wall from damage, leaving it clean and intact, even after the baby gate is removed. You can remove it anytime when it is not in use. Reuse is certainly possible when you move to a new place.(Be ensure to measure the installation distance of the upper and lower walls is within 29.5-51.6 Inch If your wall isn't flush or have baseboards)
- 【Adjustable size & extra wide】Apart from the gate, we also have 3 extensions (2.75 Inch, 5.5 Inch & 11 Inch) to go with it. The maximum width is 51.6 Inch, while the minimum is 29.5 Inch (without extension), ideal for wide openings as well as stairs and doorways. The pet gate fits the wall perfectly and is stylish and beautiful, a must-have decor for your house.
The different types of baby gates
There are different styles and types of baby gates that help in the safety of children. There are two main types of baby gates: hardware-mounted gate or do-it-yourself gate. Hardware gates are usually on for a permanent fixture and can be installed in less than 10 minutes by someone with basic carpentry skills. They require no permit, but they may not fit in certain spaces. DIY gates can be constructed from wood, plastic, PVC pipe, aluminum tubing, or other materials. These pieces come as kits that require some assembly but still allow for easy installation
How to choose a baby gate that’s right for your home
Baby gates are a great example of the importance of investing in safety equipment for your home. While many people use them to keep children from wandering around, they can also be used as a barrier that keeps pets out and small children from getting into dangerous areas, like the kitchen. Depending on how high you need it and how wide it is, securing your baby gate will differ.
Different styles of baby gates
When it comes to safety, baby gates are a must-have. There are different styles of gates and all are necessary for your home. There is the metal gate that fits between the walls in order to keep your little one (or you) from falling down or off the stairs. These metal baby gates can be installed with screws so they fit in most areas of the house. There are also folding gates that can easily be placed inside closets, cupboards, and behind furniture. The BEST part about these is that they have an extension door on one side so you can put something in like a toy chest without opening up the entire gate!
Things to consider before buying a gate
Gates can make an entrance to a home or a building look more secure. However, before you buy one, there are some things you should consider. The first is the size of the opening. If you have a large door, this might not be necessary, but if your door is smaller, it might help reduce the risk of someone pushing their way through. There are also many different designs to choose from and they can vary in price depending on the materials and quality.
Things to consider when installing a gate
When installing a gate, there are a few things to consider. It is important to know where your gate will be installed and how it will affect the surrounding area. This includes the hallways, entry points, and other features of your home or business. If you have pets that like to roam outside of the enclosure when you’re not at home, it is also important to consider if there’s enough space so they can exercise and play. After taking into account all these factors, it is easier to decide on a type of gate that works for your particular needs.