Don’t know what you should use as your new keyboard? Worried that you’re spending too much on an inferior model? We’ve done the research and found the best mechanical keyboards.
Our top picks Best Mechanical Keyboards For Gaming And General Use Sale:
The Best Mechanical Keyboards For Gaming And General Use Reviews
Looking for the Best Mechanical Keyboards For Gaming And General Use? We are here to help! In this article, we review the Best Keyboard on the market and give recommendations for different budgets.
Read More:The Best Optical Switch Keyboard
How To Pick The Best Mechanical Keyboards For Gaming And General Use?
Mechanical keyboards are preferred by most gamers. They’re better than rubber dome keyboards, and they’re more durable. However, some people may be hesitant to spend the money on a mechanical keyboard because they don’t know how to choose the right one or where to shop for them. It’s best to start with a general idea of what you want your keyboard to be like. For example, if you want a gaming-oriented mechanical keyboard that features red backlighting, you’ll have to find a gaming-oriented mechanical keyboard with red backlighting that’s in your price range.
Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo for Windows, 2.4 GHz Wireless, Compact Mouse, 8 Multimedia and Shortcut Keys, 2-Year Battery Life, for PC, Laptop, Black
4 used from $23.99
- Reliable Plug and Play: The USB receiver provides a reliable wireless connection up to 33 ft (1), so you can forget about drop-outs and delays and you can take it wherever you use your computer
- Type in Comfort: The design of this keyboard creates a comfortable typing experience thanks to the low-profile, quiet keys and standard layout with full-size F-keys, number pad, and arrow keys
- Durable and Resilient: This full-size wireless keyboard features a spill-resistant design (2), durable keys and sturdy tilt legs with adjustable height
- Long Battery Life: MK270 combo features a 36-month keyboard and 12-month mouse battery life (3), along with on/off switches allowing you to go months without the hassle of changing batteries
- Easy to Use: This wireless keyboard and mouse combo features 8 multimedia hotkeys for instant access to the Internet, email, play/pause, and volume so you can easily check out your favorite sites
Logitech MK345 Wireless Combo Full-Sized Keyboard with Palm Rest and Comfortable Right-Handed Mouse, 2.4 GHz Wireless USB Receiver, Compatible with PC, Laptop
9 used from $36.79
- Full-size Keyboard Layout: Comfortable, quiet typing on a familiar keyboard layout with generous palm rest, spill-resistant design (2), and easy-access media keys like mute, volume, and play
- Comfortable Right-handed Mouse: This wireless USB mouse features a hand-friendly contoured shape for all-day comfort, plus smooth, precise tracking and scrolling for easier navigation
- Reliable Connection: Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless connection delivers the reliability and speed of a corded connection with wireless convenience and freedom up to 33 ft away (3), at home or at work
- Extended Battery: Say goodbye to the hassle of charging cables and changing batteries and get up to 3 years of battery life for the keyboard and 18 months for the mouse (1) with MK345
- Compatibility: This keyboard mouse set works with PCs using Windows or Chrome operating systems; simply plug in to your laptop or desktop computer and begin using
Redragon S101 Wired Gaming Keyboard and Mouse Combo RGB Backlit Gaming Keyboard with Multimedia Keys Wrist Rest and Red Backlit Gaming Mouse 3200 DPI for Windows PC Gamers (Black)
$35.98 in stock
- PC GAMING KEYBOARD AND GAMING MOUSE COMBO: Includes Redragon RGB Backlit Computer Gaming Keyboard and RGB Backlit Gaming Mouse. ALL-IN-ONE PC GAMER VALUE KIT, Fantastic for Gamers (New Improved Version)
- RGB BACKLIT GAMING KEYBOARD; 7 different RGB Lighting modes & effects, 4 backlight brightness levels, adjustable breathing speed. The keycaps offering clear uniform backlighting WIN key can be disabled for gaming. The PC Gaming Keyboard has been ergonomically designed to be a superb typing tool for office work as well. The gaming Keyboard is built to withstand the average liquid spill. The integrated wrist rest gives you the comfort you need for marathon gaming sessions
- MULTI MEDIA & ANTI GHOSTING; The Gaming Keyboard has 25 conflict free (n-Key Rollover) 10 Dedicated Multimedia keys plus 12 additional FN+ Multimedia keys (Total 114 keys). Keys are quiet, designed for longevity, durability delivering precise tactile feedback. Comes with Full numeric keypad and a gold-plated corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection and ultimate Gaming performance
- WIRED GAMING MOUSE; Ergonomic Redragon RED Backlit Gaming Mouse up to 3200 DPI (user adjustable 800/1600/2400/3200 DPI), 30G acceleration and Weight Tuning set. Total 6 Buttons of which 5 are programmable. The High-Precision Sensor delivers Pinpoint Accuracy while the Gaming Grade Micro Switches ensure longevity, greater durability and extreme responsiveness, giving you an even greater edge over your competition
- PC GAMING KEYBOARD AND GAMING MOUSE COMPATIBILITY: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, Limited Mac OS keyboard support. Works well with all major Computers Brands and Gaming PCs.
Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Corsair OPX RGB Optical-Mechanical Keyswitches - AXON Hyper-Processing Technology for 4X Faster Throughput - 44-Zone RGB LightEdge
$192.95 in stock
19 used from $118.86
- The CORSAIR K100 RGB is the pinnacle of CORSAIR keyboards, offering the cutting-edge performance, style, durability, and customization that gamers need to stand above the rest.
- The centerpiece of your gaming setup, the CORSAIR K100 RGB boasts a refined design bolstered by a durable aluminum frame, dynamic per-key RGB backlighting, and a 44-zone three-sided LightEdge.
- Powered by CORSAIR AXON Hyper-Processing Technology, enabling CORSAIR’s most advanced gaming keyboard experience by delivering up to 4x faster throughput with native 4,000Hz hyper-polling and 4,000Hz key scanning, while simultaneously driving up to 20-layer lighting effects.
- A programmable iCUE control wheel gives you command over backlighting, media jogging, and more through CORSAIR iCUE software, customizable to perform actions in games and applications.
NPET K10 Gaming Keyboard, LED Backlit, Spill-Resistant Design, Multimedia Keys, Quiet Silent USB Membrane Keyboard for Desktop, Computer, PC (Black)
- Durable Gaming Keyboard: 104 Key Wired USB Gaming Keyboard with quiet keys for longevity, durability, and responsiveness delivering precise tactile feedback for flawless gaming performance.
- LED Backlighted Keyboard: 4 LED lighting backlit modes, breathing(7-color alternate). 3 Adjustable permanent mixed backlit modes, changeable breathing, or permanent lighting mode. The keycaps offer clear uniform backlighting.
- Ergonomic Splash-Proof Design: The PC Gaming Keyboard has been ergonomically designed to be a superb typing tool for office work as well. You'll love the feel and keystroke accuracy, which leads to fewer errors and typos.
- Multi-Media & Anti Ghosting: It has 26 conflict-free, 13 multi-media key combinations. Comes with a full numeric keypad for a reliable connection and ultimate gaming performance.
- Widely Compatible: Automatically enter sleeping mode 10 minutes without operation and backlights off. Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Mac OS, etc. User-friendly, quick control, no driver needed.
Apple Smart Keyboard for iPad (9th, 8th and 7th Generation) and iPad Air (3rd Generation) - US English
$149.98 in stock
- Smart Keyboard lets you write a term paper or create a presentation on a full-size keyboard whenever you need one.
- It connects easily without the need for pairing or charging, so it’s always ready to go.
- And when you’re done, it folds to create a slim, lightweight cover.
- Compatibility: iPad (9th generation), iPad (8th generation), iPad (7th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- Apple Smart Keyboard is a front cover only
Verbatim Slimline Full Size Wired Keyboard USB Plug-and-Play - Compatible with PC, Laptop - Black
$8.95 in stock
6 used from $7.95
- Affordable, corded keyboard featuring slim design and full numeric keypad
- Low-profile, advanced tactile keys for quiet, comfortable typing
- Adjustable tilt legs for added comfort
- Simple, plug-and-play USB corded connection - PC, Mac and Chrome OS compatible
- Verbatim has been a leader in data storage technology since 1969, and guarantees this product with a 1-year limited warranty and technical support
Razer Huntsman Elite Gaming Keyboard: Fastest Keyboard Switches Ever - Clicky Optical Switches - Chroma RGB Lighting - Magnetic Plush Wrist Rest - Dedicated Media Keys & Dial - Classic Black
$117.64 in stock
12 used from $78.99
- Faster Than Legacy Mechanical Switches: Razer Optical switches use light-based actuation, registering key presses at the speed of light (30% shorter actuation distance than other clicky switches at 1.5 millimeter) with satisfying, clicky feedback
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30 plus partners; supports 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Quality, Aluminum Construction: Covered with a matte, aluminum top frame for increased structural integrity. Keycaps-Regular ABS
- Ergonomic, Magnetic Wrist Rest: Made of plush leatherette to maximize comfort over extended gaming sessions (with built-in underglow lighting)
- Fully Programmable Macro Support: Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
Logitech MK735 Performance Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Combo
1 used from $50.98
- This keyboard features Logitech Incurve keys and a cushioned palm rest. Concave keys position your fingers properly, and their softly rounded edges invite your fingertips to glide from key to key, hour after hour. Keys so comfortable, you’d think they were custom-made to fit your fingers.
- An LCD dashboard gives you at-a-glance icon status of your battery, Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, and Num Lock, so you won’t skip a beat while typing.
- Your hand can relax in comfort hour after hour with this ergonomically designed mouse. Its contoured shape with soft rubber grips, gently curved sides and broad palm area give you the support you need for effortless control all day long.
- You’ve got the control to do more, faster. Flipping through photo albums and Web pages is a breeze, especially for right-handers—with three standard buttons plus Back; Forward buttons that you can also program to switch applications, go full screen and more.
- The tiny, Logitech Unifying receiver stays in your laptop. There’s no need to unplug it when you move around, so there’s less worry of it being broken or lost. And you can easily add another compatible mouse, keyboard, or number pad to the same wireless receiver. (MK735 includes the K710)
SteelSeries Apex 3 RGB Gaming Keyboard – 10-Zone RGB Illumination – IP32 Water Resistant – Premium Magnetic Wrist Rest (Whisper Quiet Gaming Switch)
8 used from $30.80
- Ip32 water resistant – Prevents accidental damage from liquid spills
- 10-zone RGB illumination – Gorgeous color schemes and reactive effects
- Whisper quiet gaming switches – Nearly silent use for 20 million low friction keypresses
- Premium magnetic wrist rest – Provides full palm support and comfort
- Dedicated multimedia controls – Adjust volume and settings on the fly
What is a Mechanical Keyboard?
A mechanical keyboard is a type of keyboard that uses a mechanical switch to register when the user presses each key. These switches are categorized based on the actuation point and force required, such as membrane keyboards and scissor-switch keyboards. A membrane keyboard uses a rubber dome switch, which has no spring or other physical properties to hold it in place. The key for “Q” is simply flat because there is nothing to stop the user from pressing down on the key and avoiding the actuator. With a scissor-switch keyboard, each key has two pieces that move about 2mm apart when pressed. This allows for a gap between them, so whenever one piece is depressed, its counterpart will rise back up again at an angle until it reaches its original position.
What are the Benefits of an RGB Mechanical Keyboard?
For most people, the benefits of an RGB keyboard are clear. They can customize the colors that are displayed on the keys and the lights function as a form of notification for notifications such as new emails or messages. The lights also provide a great way to improve performance in dark areas.
Recommendations for buying a mechanical keyboard
Mechanical keyboards are a popular choice for gamers and typists. They feel different from other computer input devices because they require more force to actuate the keystrokes and are quieter when typing. Mechanical keyboards use a set of switches underneath each key. This allows the user to switch between different keys without having to press a button multiple times. The switches on these keyboards can be replaced, so if the keys start sticking or don’t work well anymore, it’s not too difficult to fix them.
The keyboard is the most commonly used accessory. It allows you to type with your hands and key in what you want to write. You can also use the keyboard to play games or do a number of other tasks. There are some special features for gaming, typing, and computers.