Mechanical keyboards are the ultimate upgrade for any gamer looking for a more satisfying gaming experience. Find out which models are worth your time and money, here.
Our top picks Best Mechanical Keyboards Under $150 Sale:
The Best Mechanical Keyboards Under $150 Reviews
Looking for the Best Mechanical Keyboards Under $150? We are here to help! In this article, we review the Best Mechanical Keyboards on the market and give recommendations for different budgets.
How To Pick The Best Mechanical Keyboards Under $150?
Mechanical keyboards can be expensive, but it’s easy to find one for less than $150. There are many companies manufacturing mechanical keyboards, so it’s easy to find a good one for the best price. It’s important to pay attention to what specific features the keyboard has, like switches, RGB lighting, and extra buttons.
SteelSeries Apex Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – Adjustable Actuation Switches – World’s Fastest Mechanical Keyboard – OLED Smart Display – RGB Backlit
$188.99 in stock
5 used from $117.27
- OmniPoint adjustable switches allow for customization of actuation distance from 0.4 millimeter to 3.6 millimeter
- OLED smart display: An integrated command center for adjusting settings and tracking on the fly info straight from your game, Spotify, Discord, and more
- Aircraft grade aluminum alloy built for a lifetime of durability and stability
- RGB Illumination unmatched customization with 16.8 million colors per key
- Premium magnetic wrist rest: Provides full palm support and comfortable, ergonomic feel
Razer Huntsman Elite Gaming Keyboard: Fastest Keyboard Switches Ever - Clicky Optical Switches - Chroma RGB Lighting - Magnetic Plush Wrist Rest - Dedicated Media Keys & Dial - Classic Black
$119.99 in stock
1 used from $99.99
- Faster Than Legacy Mechanical Switches: Razer Optical switches use light-based actuation, registering key presses at the speed of light (30% shorter actuation distance than other clicky switches at 1.5 millimeter) with satisfying, clicky feedback
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30 plus partners; supports 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Quality, Aluminum Construction: Covered with a matte, aluminum top frame for increased structural integrity. Keycaps-Regular ABS
- Ergonomic, Magnetic Wrist Rest: Made of plush leatherette to maximize comfort over extended gaming sessions (with built-in underglow lighting)
- Fully Programmable Macro Support: Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Rapidfire Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - USB Passthrough & Media Controls - Fastest & Linear - Cherry MX Speed - RGB LED Backlit
$154.94 in stock
11 used from $58.34
- Aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminum frame, built to withstand a lifetime of gaming
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback allow access to up to three stored profiles on the go, independent of external software
- Per key dynamic multi color RGB backlighting offers near unlimited color customization and control
- Get the RAPIDFIRE advantage CHERRY MX Speed mechanical key switches provide the reliability and accuracy you demand, with blistering fast 1.2 millimeter actuation
- USB pass through port provides convenient access to an additional USB port for your mouse or headset
NuPhy Air75 Mechanical Keyboard, 75% Low Profile Wireless/Wired Gaming Keyboard, Supports Bluetooth 5.0, 2.4G and Wired Connection, Compatible with Windows and Mac OS Systems-Gateron Red Switch
- ⌨【Low Profile Mechanical Keyboard】：Air75 is an innovative, the thinnest mechanical keyboard on the market, use 75% layout (84 keys), thanks to the ultra-thin aluminum frame and advanced aluminum alloy stamping process, the thinnest point is only 16 mm. Like the membrane keyboard, there is no need for a wrist rest, and long-time use will not cause damage to the wrist.
- 【Multi-Device Connection】：Air75 provides a variety of connection methods, including 2.4G wireless mode, Bluetooth 5.0 and USB C wired mode. It can connect to up to four devices at the same time and switch between them easily, it is very suitable for home, office, outdoor and casual games.
- 【48 Hours of Battery Life】：The battery life is about 3-4 years, The battery capacity is 2500mAh, which can be used continuously for 48 hours (laboratory test results, actual use may vary), and can easily meet the needs of a week of work. Turning off the light mode during the day can greatly extend the use time.
- 【RGB Lighting Effects】: It has 21 backlight modes and 4 side light modes. The innovative left LED light shows caps lock and connection mode, while the right LED light indicates battery power and system mode. You can choose dynamic or static light mode according to your preferences. With Windows software, you can even customize unlimited lighting effects. Please note: the keycaps are not backlit.
- ✂【New multimedia buttons】：Air75 is compatible with Mac and Windows, and provides multimedia button layouts and shortcut keys for Mac users. The scissors icon represents part of the screenshot. FN+scissors can capture the full screen. It also supports Siri and Cortana.
Glorious GMMK Modular Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Full Size (104 Key) - RGB LED Backlit, Brown Switches, Hot Swap Switches (White Ice) (GLO-GMMK-FS-BRN-W)
- Fully Modular Keyboard: As the first Hot Swap RGB gaming keyboard, GMMK features hot swap switch sockets so you can plug in and out switches as your DIY preference. No need to solder for hours. Featuring per key 16.8 million RGB, fully customizable with our GMMK Software, and major RGB patterns can be set from the keyboard hotkeys directly without software.
- Preinstalled Mechanical Switches: GMMK Comes with pre installed Gateron Brown Tactile Mechanical switches. This switch is not loud so you can use it in a quiet office setup as well as your gaming setup. The barebones keyboard switches are backlit RGB SMD LED compatible so our ABS keycaps become extra bright and easy to read. You can swap and 3 pin Mechanical clicky, linear, or tactile mechanical switches with this board.
- OEM Layout: A standard ANSI layout with standard sized bottom row makes GMMK widely compatible with 3rd party standard keycaps available in the current marketplace - with brands like Keychron, Akko, RK Royal Kludge, Epomaker etc and with wide range of color like white black or pink keycaps makes the board pop out. The full aluminum metal top plate and ABS plastic bottom plate makes the build perfect for fine sound tuning - be it clacky or thocky.
- Superior Ergonomics and Compatibility: With the in built stand, angle of the keyboard can be changed to match a more ergonomic typing experience. This GMMK kit comes with OEM sculpted keycaps so your fingers and hand joints can preserve the jelly like substance and do not become stiff over time. GMK is compatible with a wide range of operating systems like Windows, Mac and keyboard supported consoles (PS4 PS5 XBOX)
- Warranty: GMMK has a free and included 1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty. That being said, within 30 days of delivery you can reach out to Amazon for their 30 day return policy. If you are outside this time, you can reach out to us.
Keychron K4 Wireless Bluetooth/USB Wired Gaming Mechanical Keyboard, Compact 100 Keys RGB LED Backlit Gateron G Pro Red Switch N-Key Rollover, Aluminum Frame for Mac Windows, Version 2
- A 96% layout (100-key) wireless mechanical keyboard with a number pad in a compact design that’s built for peak productivity and a great tactile typing experience.
- Connect the K4 with up to 3 devices via Bluetooth or to a single device with the USB Type-C wired option. Pair it up with your smartphone, laptop and iPad, and switch amongst the devices swiftly. It offers a highly reliable and broad compatibility Broadcom Bluetooth chipset that is best for home, office and light gaming uses.
- With a unique Mac layout, the K4 has all the necessary Mac function keys while still being compatible with Windows. Extra keycaps for both Windows and Mac operating systems are included.
- The K4 can last up to 72 hours typing, or up to 7 days of normal use (8 hrs/day) with a 4000 mAh big battery; one of the most powerful among mechanical keyboards. N-key rollover (NKRO) on wired mode or 6KRO on wireless mode.
- The keyboard has enchanting RGB backlight with modern keycap legends to help you type in dim environments; available in 15+ types of flashing light mode. Durable Gateron mechanical switch with a 50 million keystroke lifespan to provide an unrivaled tactile responsiveness on the linear Red switches.
Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro Mechanical Wireless Gaming Keyboard: Yellow Mechanical Switches - Linear & Silent - Chroma RGB Lighting - Doubleshot ABS Keycaps - Transparent Switch Housing - Bluetooth/2.4GHz
$179.99 in stock
23 used from $104.13
- 3 Modes of Connection: HyperSpeed Wireless for lag-free performance when gaming, Bluetooth for efficient power consumption with ability to connect up to 3 devices, and detachable USB-C for charging during use
- Razer Yellow Mechanical Switches: Built for speed with an actuation point of just 1.2mm, these smooth switches have no tactile feedback and include sound dampeners to reduce its already low sound profile even further.
- Brighter Than Ever Transparent Switch Housing: A completely clear design allows for intense lighting for better immersion in integrated games and lighting setups
- Doubleshot ABS Keycaps: Using a doubleshot molding process to ensure the labelling never wears off, the keycaps also have extra-thick walls for toughness
- Ergonomic Wrist Rest: Made of plush leatherette that perfectly aligns to the keyboard to relieve wrist pressure and maximize comfort over extended gaming sessions
CORSAIR - K68 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard RGB Backlit Cherry MX Red Switch - Black
2 used from $55.51
- Connectivity Technology: Usb 2.0 Type-A
Keychron K2 75% Layout 84 Keys Hot-swappable Bluetooth Wireless/USB Wired Mechanical Keyboard with Gateron G Pro Blue Switch/Double-Shot Keycaps/RGB Backlight/Aluminum Frame for Mac Windows Version 2
- Keychron K2, a 75% layout 84 keys RGB backlight aluminum frame wireless mechanical keyboard giving you all the keys and function you need while keeping it compact. And let you personalize per-key typing experience without soldering, just pop them in and it’s done.
- With a unique Mac layout while compatible with Windows, the Keychron K2 has all essential multimedia and function keys you need. Extra keycaps for both Windows and Mac operating systems are included.
- Connects with up to 3 devices via the reliable Broadcom Bluetooth 5.1 chipset and switch among them easily for multitasking needs. The K2 is best to fit home, office and light gaming use while connecting with your smartphone, laptop and iPad. It also has wired mode with USB Type-C connection.
- K2 can last up to 72 hours typing, or up to 7 days normal use (count 8hrs per day) with a 4000 mAh big battery, which is one of the biggest in mechanical keyboard. N-key rollover (NKRO) on wired mode or 6KRO on wireless mode.
- The K2 gives the freedom to customize your typing experience with its hot-swappable PCB. With the pre-installed Gateron G Pro mechanical Blue switch providing unrivaled clicky responsiveness with up to 50 million keystroke lifespan. The K2 has enchanting RGB backlight with double-shot ABS keycaps legends that sync with your mood; available in 15+ types of flashing light included static white light mode.
Wireless Mechanical Keyboard with LED Backlit, Bluetooth 5.1/USB Wired Rechargeable 104 Keys Full-Size PC Gaming Keyboard, Blue Switch Round Keycap with Ergonomic Magnetic Wrist Rest for Windows, Mac
- 【3 Modes Connection】 With 2.4Ghz wireless, Bluetooth, and USB wired 3 modes connection, No drivers or software are required. You can connect up to 3 devices in Bluetooth mode. Compatible with Windows/ Mac OS/ Android. This is a wireless gaming keyboard that no longer limits how you can connect.
- 【PC Gaming Keyboard】Mechanical switch offers a quicker and springier response, crisp click sound, precise tactile feedback for ultimate gaming performance. The ergonomic ABS palm rest support perfectly aligns to the keyboard to relieve pressure on your wrists and feel less fatigued when gaming over long periods.
- 【Multimedia & Backlight Control Keys】This mechanical keyboard effortlessly controls media thanks to its dedicated media control keys. Quick-access buttons for Media volume, Backlight effect, Music play/pause/switch. You can Switch different LED Lighting effects or adjust the backlit brightness and speed more easily.
- 【Vintage Style Design】 The typewriter keyboard is a Double-shot injection molded keycap for clear backlight and extreme durability. Unique round keycaps with a floating-key design in profile bring you a nostalgic feeling with the eye-catching retro aesthetic. Store the USB receiver in the back of the keyboard for additional portability.
- 【Top Quality & Reliable Service】The Bluetooth keyboard is made of heavy-duty plastic body, ABS Keys passed 50 million times keystroke test. ABS base make the Mechanical Feel Keyboard. Pls feel free to contact us when you meet any problem, MOFii Team will spare no effort to provide the best service to every customer within 24 hours.
What are the Best Mechanical Keyboards Under $150?
Mechanical keyboards are becoming more popular with their increased use in gaming. Some of the benefits of using one are that they require less power to operate than membrane keyboards, have a longer life span, and are easier for gamers to quickly locate on the computer. The market is currently flooded with mechanical keyboards, but it can be difficult to find a keyboard that meets your specific needs. This blog gives several recommendations to help you choose what best suits your needs.
Benefits of Mechanical Keyboards
Mechanical keyboards have benefits over the more commonly used membrane keyboards. One major benefit is that they are more durable, so they last longer, which is a major consideration when you are buying a new computer. Another benefit is that mechanical keyboards usually don’t require special software or drivers to work. This makes it easier for people with limited computer knowledge to use keyboard shortcuts.
Top Factors to Consider When Buying a Mechanical Keyboard
With the increasing popularity of mechanical keyboards, many people are choosing to buy them instead of a standard keyboard. Mechanical keyboards have more keys than a standard keyboard and generally offer more customization options. They are also generally more responsive than regular keyboards. However, there are some factors that you should consider before buying one for yourself or as a gift for someone else. You should consider your budget, hand size, and type of fingers when considering mechanical keyboards.The last factor is important because some mechanical keyboards require you to rest your fingers on the keys in order to press them down. This can be uncomfortable for people with small hands or if they have long pinky fingers that tend to hit the arms of their keyboard while typing
Mechanical keyboards are considered the most expensive type of keyboard. There is a reason for that; not only do mechanical keyboards offer increased durability and lifespan, but they also provide for more personalized functions such as customization of keystrokes and macros.